Saturday, March 13, 2021

Wolf's Beautiful Beast releases in 6 days!

 


 Only six more days until the release of "Wolf's Beautiful Beast!" Here is today's sneak peek!

           Arabella looked up from her reading. “I could have told you; the words won’t magically change to give you the answer, Lycus.” She reached across the table and squeezed my hand.

            “There must be something,” I argued, pulling a different book in front of me and opening it.

            She stood and walked to my side of the table, slowly closing the book. “Lycus, stop.”

            My brows furrowed as I took in her gaze. Her eyes were soft with apology.

            “You have to stop now,” she instructed, pushing the books out of the way and sitting on the table. “You’ve already given me more than I ever could have hoped for. I am no longer terrorized by fear of the beast. I’m… free.”

            I stood abruptly, my chair falling over. “You’re not free! You are a prisoner in this hellhole. You have a life waiting for you back in Bruen. Can’t you see that?”

            She shook her head, looking down at her hands. “That life is lost to me. And I accept that.”

            I grasped her shoulders, standing before her. “I don’t. I will not let you live like this… it’s no life. Just a half-life.”

            She reached up, her fingertips running down my cheek. I drank in her eyes, nose… lips. The sun shone through the dusty window, creating a halo against her dark chocolate hair. My heart skipped.

            “Arabella, I can’t leave you behind,” I said, brushing a stray strand of hair away from her face. “But you know I can’t stay.”

            She leaned into my hand, cupping it with her own. “I know.”

            My stomach flipped when her eyes met mine. They appeared as deep pools calling me into the depths, and I desperately wanted to drown in them.

            “Lycus,” she murmured, leaning into me and tracing her fingers over the stubble on my chin.

            I swallowed hard, my throat tight. I fought to keep my knees from trembling. Leaning forward, I ran my fingers through her hair as I cupped the back of her head. She leaned in, staring at my lips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment