Sunday, March 14, 2021

Only 5 more days until the release of Wolf's Beautiful Beast

 


 Just five more days until the release of "Wolf's Beautiful Beast!" Here is today's sneak peek!

Red yelped and jumped back, then burst into a laugh. “Did I scare you?”

“What are you doing out here?” I growled, crossing the distance between us. “Don’t you know it’s dangerous?”

“Obviously.” She giggled, covering her mouth. “The big bad wolf and his wall of flowers might get me.”

I glared at her. “Keep your voice down. Don’t you see what this means?”

She stepped forward, squinting to get a better look. “Well, given the fact that these roses are growing in the dead of winter means this place has magic.” She plucked a nearby red rose from the vine.

“No!” I hissed, reaching for the bloom.

Pulling away, she brought the flower to her nose. “Calm down, Lycus. What harm could come from picking a rose?”

“Remember,” I whispered. “The boy said the beast is attracted to these roses. That is why it attacked the kingdom before. If this place is covered in roses, then…”

“Then we’re standing on the edge of its lair,” Red gulped, glancing around.

“And it means the princess could be here,” I murmured, turning back to the wall. I stretched to look through a gap in the abandoned courtyard.

Suddenly, the air erupted in a bone-chilling roar that cut to the core. Red and I threw our hands over our ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment