Saturday, March 15, 2014

I'm geeky and I know it!

So, I will happily admit, I'm a bit of a geek.  Ok, a lot of a geek.  I grew up watching Star Trek with my parents, I love anything Marvel, and I'm definitely fans of things like Twilight, Vampire Diaries, Lord of the Rings and so much more.

I'm also a bit of a fan girl.  I have developed a huge fan girl crush on British actor, Richard Armitage.  He plays Thorin in The Hobbit (though he's also known for roles in movies like North & South as well as BBC shows like Robin Hood).

That being said, Richard has become a bit of an obsession for me, which I'm sure my husband is not thrilled out.

However, last night I came home to find a gift my husband had ordered for me.  It was a piece of Hobbit History so to speak.  It was a collectors, framed, film-cell from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.  When he ordered it, the film cell actually showed a picture of Legolas and it stated "No Guarantee of specific film cell".  But since the picture, itself, had Thorin in it, my husband thought I would still like it.

However, when we held it up to the light, low and behold, it was a Thorin film cell!

I screamed (like I said, I'm a geek). I screamed like a 15-year-old fan girl, not a nearly 33-year-old woman.

So now, my husband has no one to blame but himself.  He has officially fed my obsession with Richard Armitage.

Yes, this is not a book related piece of information. But it certainly gives you a glimpse into this author's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment