Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thank You!

It's been a long journey to say the least, even though it took place in a short amount of time!

In three days I had written "The Bed Wife: A Novella,"  which is the first book in The Bed Wife Chronicles series.  Now, just under three months later, it's published!

Many people may think my main goal is to get on the New York Times Best Seller list and become a millionaire.  While that would, of course, be wonderful, it's not really my goal.

My main goal from the beginning was to write a story that others would enjoy.  Even before I hit 'publish' I had a dozen different reviews that proved I had already achieved that goal.

Thank you!

I thank God for giving me the talent and the strength to make this dream happen.  He has heard many a prayer coming from me during this time.  He gave me the peace in my heart and my mind when I needed it.

I want to thank my husband, who has probably read the book more than I have.  His dedication and support is priceless and I know I wouldn't have been able to do this without him.

Thank you to my mother, who meticulously proofed my book.  If not for her, there would have been a scene referencing Baylin's long back hair, instead of his long black hair!

Thanks to my mother-in-law.  She was one of the first people to read this story and she called me the next day cursing me because she had stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just to finish it.  She pushed me in the 'publishing' direction, and for that I am thankful.

I want to thank my brother-in-law, Shawn.  He's been researching the publishing world so much longer than I have and he was always there with advice and information to answer any questions I might have.

Thanks to my friend Kelsey. You're not just an amazing cover art designer/photographer. You are a dear friend who guided me.  You introduced me to people who would help me and gave me advise when I was seeking answers.

Thank you to my very first Beta Reader, Tara H.  She didn't even know me when I first approached her to get an opinion on the book.  She gave me guidance and support along the whole journey.

I want to thank my dear friend, Nancy.  You are my best friend and have always been there to talk me up when the stress of everything began to wear me down.  I love you dearly and couldn't have done this without you.

I have to thank my editor and friend, Hollie.  She had her work cut out for her to be sure!  She was so kind and wonderful.  Giving me advice and guiding me in the right direction. 

Thank you to my formatter, Sharon.  She worked tirelessly, even last night before the big release, just to make everything perfect.  She was completely dedicated to making my book perfect and I couldn't have done it without her!

A big thank you to my two stunning models, Chris Coon and Laura Deal-Witt.  They truly became Baylin and Luana.  The book would not be the same without them.

I want to thank all my friends who have put up with the emotional rollercoaster called ME. lol.  The emotions that come with publishing a book were something I was not entirely prepared for. I am glad to know my friends can love me through my highs AND my lows!

Thank you to all the wonderful book blogs who have promoted me and guided me on the journey.  Your blogs are what makes the Indie Author World thrive and I can't thank you enough!

And, of course, I want to thank you, my readers.  When you look at the source, the point of writing a good story is to entertain your reader. I hope that I have (and will continue to) done that for you.  Thank you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment