Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015: I resolve to join the land of the living...

Yes, that is my daughter's broken collarbone!
The second half of 2014 was a very hard season to say the least.

Within a six month period we underwent the following:

~ My father-in-law passed away unexpectedly (and in-law was just the legal term, he was like a second father to me);

~ We moved my mother-in-law in with us for three months (two hens in the same kitchen does not make for cohesive living);

~ The refinance on our house fell through because it was happening at the same time my father-in-law passed away (you'd think a death in the family would give you wiggle room on deadlines);

~ We moved my mother-in-law into a new home;

~ My eldest daughter broke her collar bone (yay medical bills);

~ My youngest daughter started Kindergarten (which means all three kids in school... not good for mommy's emotional stability);

~ I ended up having to shut down my bridal shop due to a back injury;

~ My eldest daughter broke her glasses (apparently that child needs to be covered in bubble wrap);

~ My husband had a bad car accident involving a very large deer and practically totaled the car;

~ I ended up having to have surgery right before Christmas (yay, many more medical bills).

Yea.... that all happened in six months time!  So needless to say, I wasn't in a writing sort of mood and missed my deadline of getting book two out by August 2014.

However, it is 2015 and I have kicked it off by writing the heck out of 'The Heir' which is due out in just a couple of months.

I just wanted to let you all know that I am back with the land of the living and plan to get both 'The Heir' and 'The Queen' out in 2015.  I also have some other stories I'm piddling with, but I will know more about those as the year progresses.

So here is to a great year with many more possibilities and no mistakes in it (yet) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment