Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Beach babies and sea gulls

When planning the trip, I knew I wanted to splurge a little to make the trip as unique as possible. When I found the Emerald Beach Hotel in Corpus Christi, I knew I wanted to have a bay facing window. It was worth the additional $30 a nice for the kids to be able to listen to the water lap against the sand as they went to sleep.

Being from Missouri, you can imagine we don't exactly get a lot of beach time. We're smack dab in the middle of the United States after all. I hadn't been to a beach in eighteen years. My children had never been to the beach.

I was concerned their fear of underwater creepy crawlies, and swimming teeth would scare them from enjoying the waves. How wrong I was!

The moment the first wave washed over their little toes, they were hooked. I actually kept having to
get them to come closer into shore because they were making me nervous!

Then, at night, we would order pizza and sit in our room, or out on the balcony, and listen to the ocean.

One funny incident included the regret of feeding the sea gulls from our balcony. They got so comfortable with us, they stole the pizza right out of my son's hands! We had a good laugh, and he grabbed another slice.

Somewhere in Corpus Christi, there is a very fat sea gull who has an uncontrollable craving for pizza sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment