Monday, May 12, 2014

A bit of a fan girl moment

So, most who know me, know that I'm pretty much in love with actor Richard Armitage. 

What many don't know, is that he actually inspired me to start writing.

I have always been a writer of sorts, but I never felt worth of doing anything with my work.  So I would write and then either throw it away, or shove it in a drawer never to be seen again.

It wasn't until recently, after seeing an interview with him, that I started to believe in myself.

He said that, for every character he portrays, he always sits down and writes a biography for that character. Giving the person a backstory allows him to draw emotion that is, otherwise, not there.

So I started thinking that, if this man could take the time to do something like that for his characters, I should honor my own characters and let their stories be heard.  So I sat down and wrote "The Bed Wife" in three days!

After that, I sat down and wrote something else.  I felt a bit silly, but I decided to write some 'fan mail' to Richard Armitage by sending it through his agents in the hopes that he might receive it.  I wanted to let him know how he had inspired me.  Now, I couldn't tell you if Richard himself has read my letter.  However, I did received this autographed photo in the mail!

Yea, so after I got done screaming and jumping up and down, I was able to sit still long enough to take a picture of it :)

So, I will close by saying this:  Thank you Richard for inspiring me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment